Lesley brought in her HP laptop because she said she could not access Facebook. I immediately told her that the date and time on her machine was probably wrong. Well the data and time were correct and looking into this further I found that Microsoft updates a file on the computer that stores all approved sites and their certificate info. I installed a patch and it made no difference. After looking into this further, I found that computers that had Kaspersky AV installed were all having this issue also. Well the computer had Kaspersky installed. I found a work around: While in Kaspersky, go to Settings , choose ‘Network settings’. Select ‘Do not check encrypted connections’ Anyway, the problem has to do with their add-in “Safe Money” which could probably be disabled also.
But Kaspersky also seemed to make the computer run very slow, and the chance that a Kaspersky update could also remove my settings changes isn't worth it. I uninstall it and installed AVG.